If you could store 600 gallons of rainwater without one tank or barrel, would you?
(You could water your garden for two months without any rainfall*)
*A house with a 25′ x 40′ roof can catch 600 gallons from a 1″ rainfall, which happens to be the same amount needed to supply a 10’x10′ garden with 1″ of water per week (at the recommended rate), 10 gallons/day for 60 days, or two months.
Have a seat. And about 6 rain barrels (inside)…
- 300 gallon capacity (per plans)
- Step by step, illustrated instructions
- A shopping list of lumber to buy locally
- DIY or use a local contractor, support your community
- 8′ long x 3′ wide x 2′ tall, give or take
- Can be built to 2 1/2′ tall and hold up to 420 gallons