The Original Rain Bench® DIY kit, this one allows you to take one sheet of plywood, a few sticks of lumber and turn it into a nice little bench that you can paint any color you like, store water in and sit down on.
Save Water, Just by Sitting There.
The RainBench® DIY Kit is a rainwater harvesting system for someone with basic carpentry skills. Save $ on shipping. You supply the lumber and labor to build a bench that acts like a rain barrel with 65 gallon capacity. Buy lumber & hardware locally (usually ~30-40)
Detailed instructions in this kit help you build a 36″L x 21″H x 28″W bench that holds 65 gallons of rainwater or greywater. (liner can be customized to hold up to 140 gallons)
PLEASE NOTE: The brass fitting (pictured above) and one of the others have been replaced with a more efficient direct garden hose adapter. Works the same.
Rain Bench® DIY Kit includes:
1) Illustrated instructions to build your Rain Bench
1) Custom fitted 2-ply waterproof liner, 32″x32″x32″
2) Mosquito resistant PVC fittings welded to liner
1) 1′ UV-resistant tubing, 1″ I.D. (as two 6″ sections)
2) Reducers, 2″x1″ PVC thread
1) 1″ thread to barb (insert)
1) 1″ Tee thread to barb
1) 1″ barb to 3/4″ hose adapter
1) Garden Hose shut-off valve
1) Roll Teflon thread tape, 260″
**MADE IN THE USA**
Materials purchased separately:
1 – 4’x8′ – 1/2″ exterior grade plywood (treated is best) **Many lumber or home improvement stores will make all the cuts for little extra, or free!!**